The Northern National Collectors’ Convention (Northern National) will take place inside the Augustus Tower at Caesars Windsor, September 29-October 1, 2023, in tandem with the Windsor Fan Experience (WFX). The inaugural show will be billed as Northern National presents Windsor Fan Experience.
The Northern National will be equivalent to a traditional card expo but, more importantly, it will enable the Trading Card Game (TCG) community to have a national presence in Canada. Inclusive of WFX, it will be a hybrid convention that has all the trimmings of a pop culture event with celebrities, athletes, and much more.
As part of its mission, the Northern National will seek to leave a legacy to a registered charity in the community where the event is being hosted.
For 2023, Windsor-Essex is the regional community where Northern National will be hosted.
Applicants who apply to become the 2023 beneficiary must read through the following guidelines before applying.
Who We Fund
- A registered Windsor-Essex charity
- A registered Windsor-Essex amateur athletic association
- A First Nation, Inuit, or Metis community/band or registered non-profit organization/charity*
*Organizations, not registered non-profit organizations/charities are still eligible to apply in partnership with a trustee organization that possesses a charitable status.
What We Fund
The Northern National welcomes charities that align with at least one of the four (4) areas of impact: Healthy Body, Healthy Mind, Ready for School, Ready for Work, and serve youth aged 0-19 who face barriers.
The Northern National prioritizes the following demographics:
- Youth who face socioeconomic barriers
- Black youth
- First Nations, Inuit, and Metis youth
- Newcomers/Refugee youth
- Girl-identified youth (in the case of gender-specific programming)
- 2SLGBTQ+ Identified youth
- Youth who identify as having a disability – intellectual or physical
Evaluating Expressions of Interest:
The content and alignment of Expressions of Interest will be reviewed by a diverse Northern National selection committee.
The successful beneficiary will receive:
- Official Northern National beneficiary designation status
- Direct Inclusion/Brand Activation within Convention Event Program
- Special Note: ideas could include, but are not limited to, exploration of a live or silent auction with proceeds to the beneficiary and include a “call to action” requesting participants to donate to the beneficiary. Northern National will invite sponsors, dealers, guests, or attendees to donate items for sale at the silent or live auction.
- Speaking opportunity for beneficiaries’ representative at any press-related events and/or pre-recording video-supplied clip for website and social media use
- Enhanced activation space at the Northern National in a high-traffic location
- Special Note: Beneficiary will be provided with a 20 ft. x 10 ft. activation space that will come complete with 2, 8 ft. tables, 4 chairs, pipe, and drape. Electrical and WIFI will be included to support on-site POS and communication services. The promoter will also arrange for Caesar’s staff to physically bring all products and equipment from the loading bay drop-off to the activation space before the show and returned to the bay post-show. The beneficiary will be responsible for packaging and transporting products to Caesar’s property. The beneficiary will be granted the opportunity to activate on-site, promote its organization, and seek support in the form of donations or volunteers while creating awareness of its programs and services in support of advancing its vision and mission.
- Opportunity to distribute promotional items and/or samples (supplied by the beneficiary)
- Branding on all 2023 public and promotional materials (Note: online and print materials only)
- Ability to erect signage (self-standing) through the main concourse and registration areas (supplied by the beneficiary)
- Quarter-page advertisement in the show program
- Right to use Convention logo (subject to prior written approval from promoter)
- Brand logo with link on Convention website
- Name recognition on the Convention map, website, and program
- 8 beneficiary passes to the Convention for staff or volunteers
- 8 weekend passes; full access to event program for contest, sale, and distribution
- A gift from the Northern National!
The Northern National will also explore the opportunity for a private meet and greet with potential 2023 program guests and/or seek an allotted amount of autographs for beneficiary use. The ask will come directly from the promoter and will be subject to the private contractual agreement between the Northern National and the Guest (via his/her agent).